Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Honey, Who’s the Chubby Man in the Mirror?


Hi, I’m Alex. I’d like to quickly introduce myself, then I’ll tell you why I’m crashing this blog.

Honey, Who’s the Chubby Man in the Mirror?
As recently as 4 months ago, I was your basic American cocktail of health hazards: overweight, in my thirties, working a desk job, eating delicious but unhealthy food, and enjoying the best microbrews in the country.

I was having a great time getting fat, but I couldn’t even recognize the bloated body in the mirror. Just two years prior I was a healthy, thin groom at my wedding. The person I came to see every day in my reflection definitely wasn’t him anymore.

It was finally when I walked up a few flight of stairs and couldn’t catch my breath for at least 5 minutes that I realized I was at a precipice. A familiar voice inside my head screamed louder than ever, Do something, do something! And I finally listened.

Goodbye, Large Cat. Goodbye.
Today, thanks to the guys at Explore Fitness, I’m currently 15 pounds lighter than my previous form…that’s like a large cat made of fat just climbed right off my body. And now I’m only momentarily out of breath after several flights of stairs. Yay.
So that’s me—the lighter, healthier version of a fat guy who still loves great food and microbrews.

Great, So Why Am I Reading This Again?
I’m going to occasionally crash by this blog to catalogue a few of my personal experiences throughout the Explore Fitness Summer Shape Up Challenge (or as I call it: the 2-month long journey through fat-burning hellfire).

At the request of the Explore Fitness team, I’m going to offer you readers the flabby voice of the love-handled laymen, the recipient of the workout punishment, the complete opposite of the fitness experts you normally hear from on this blog.

But I promise not to blather on about myself in future posts. I’ll also lend a few nuggets of pertinent information that I’ll glean throughout the process of the challenge—things like surprising nutrition facts and fitness tips.

Stay tuned. I’ll be in touch.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment